From CS294-10 Visualization Sp11
Put links to interesting visualizations here.
- Google Finance New stock market visualization, with an interesting visual link between news stories relating to a stock and a performance chart
- The Secret Lives of Numbers by Golan Levin
- history flow Wikipedia visualization by Viégas and Wattenberg
- NameVoyager by Martin Wattenberg
- The Shape of Song by Martin Wattenberg
- SmartMoney Map of the Market by Martin Wattenberg
- TextArc by W. Bradford Paley
- charts, diagrams, information graphics by Karl Hartig
- Visualization of the Universe Look at the expansion of the universe.
- Visual Thesaurus Word Relationships.
- style.org A few well-prepared visualizations.
- websites as graphs an interesting way of looking at the tag structure of websites
- Hans Rosling: Myths about the developing world A very interesting presentation with interactive visualizations
- Internet Map Somewhat interesting visualization of the internet.
- Last.fm listening history An article about the development of a stacked graph visualization of Last.fm listening habits.
- oursignal Treemap-like display of popular news stories on vote-based news sites. Encodes rising or falling velocity in color.
- GOOD sheet Series of spreads made weekly (?) on today's issues (e.g., gas, immigration, health bills).
- Nikon Universcale Visualization of the various sizes of different objects
- Bootchart Tool developed for visualizing the GNU/Linux boot process (along with resource utilization)
- Visualization of the current box-office revenues on a weekly basis.
- Employment Future An interesting interactive visualization indicating how employments are predicted to change in various sectors.
- Google Chart Tools: new project by google (not buzz) that allows you to make charts and other types of visuals
- Pivot (TED Talk)
- Article on data visualization
- Grading New York Restaurants: What’s in an ‘A’? Using graphs to understand problems in restaurant inspections
- 24 hour photo taken b a stationary camera, displayed in a circle.
- CommonCensus - Mapping the U.S. by urban affiliation
- 2004 Election Maps and Cartograms
- HousingMaps.com Google Maps / Craigslist mash-up
- Zillow Real Estate Finder
- Microsoft Virtual Earth Technology Preview
- Cab Spotting
Collections and Commentary
- Visual Complexity - a collection of graph visualizations
- Prefuse Gallery - visualizations made with the prefuse toolkit
- Processing Exhibition - pieces created using the Processing language
- infosthetics.com - visualization blog
- Cabinet Magazine - Crocheting the hyperbolic plane
- Ask ET - Edward Tufte's Q&A Forum
- Megan Jaegerman on Ask ET - Collection of some graphics used in The New York Times by Megan Jaegerman, 1990-1998
- Many Eyes - A collaborative framework for sharing and visualizing data by IBM.
- stamen design - a design firm in San Francisco making various interactive visualizations for the web for their clients. Click on "Our Clients" and browse through their client list; many of the visualizations done are already live on their website.
- Information is Beautiful - Ideas, issues, knowledge, data – visualized!