From CS 294-10 Visualization Sp10
Put links to interesting visualizations here.
- Google Finance New stock market visualization, with an interesting visual link between news stories relating to a stock and a performance chart
- The Secret Lives of Numbers by Golan Levin
- history flow Wikipedia visualization by Viégas and Wattenberg
- NameVoyager by Martin Wattenberg
- IdeaLine by Martin Wattenberg
- The Shape of Song by Martin Wattenberg
- SmartMoney Map of the Market by Martin Wattenberg
- TextArc by W. Bradford Paley
- GnuTellaVision by Dhamija, Fisher, and Yee
- The Big Picture by CNet
- charts, diagrams, information graphics by Karl Hartig
- Death and Taxes an entertaining visualization of the federal budget.
- Visualizaion of the Universe Look at the expansion of the universe.
- Thesaurus Word Relationships.
- style.org A few well-prepared visualizations.
- websites as graphs an interesting way of looking at the tag structure of websites
- Hans Rosling: Myths about the developing world A very interesting presentation with interactive visualizations
- Cortical Homunculi Sculptures rendering sizes of body parts relative to the amount of space used in the brain
- Internet Map Somewhat interesting visualization of the internet.
- Last.fm listening history An article about the development of a stacked graph visualization of Last.fm listening habits.
- oursignal Treemap-like display of popular news stories on vote-based news sites. Encodes rising or falling velocity in color.
- GOOD sheet Series of spreads made weekly (?) on today's issues (e.g., gas, immigration, health bills).
- Nikon Universcale Visualization of the various sizes of different objects
- Vispedia Research project for creating visualizations from data sets available off of Wikipedia
- Bootchart Tool developed for visualizing the GNU/Linux boot process (along with resource utilization)
- [http://www.xach.com/moviecharts/ Visualization of the current box-office revenues on a weekly basis.
- Employment Future An interesting interactive visualization indicating how employments are predicted to change in various sectors.
- CommonCensus - Mapping the U.S. by urban affiliation
- 2004 Election Maps and Cartograms
- Seattle Bus Monster - Google Maps backed bus line information
- HousingMaps.com Google Maps / Craigslist mash-up
- Zillow Real Estate Finder
- Microsoft Virtual Earth Technology Preview
- Cab Spotting
- World Bank's Atlas of the Millennium Development Goals
Collections and Commentary
- Visual Complexity - a collection of graph visualizations
- Prefuse Gallery - visualizations made with the prefuse toolkit
- Processing Exhibition - pieces created using the Processing language
- infosthetics.com - visualization blog
- Cabinet Magazine - Crocheting the hyperbolic plane
- Ask ET - Edward Tufte's Q&A Forum
- Megan Jaegerman on Ask ET - Collection of some graphics used in The New York Times by Megan Jaegerman, 1990-1998
- Many Eyes - A collaborative framework for sharing and visualizing data by IBM.
- Adobe® Design Achievement Awards - "The Adobe® Design Achievement Awards celebrate student achievement that reflects the powerful convergence of technology and creative arts. Winners represent work by some of the most talented and promising student graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, animators, digital filmmakers, and computer artists from the world's top institutions of higher education."
- stamen design - a design firm in San Francisco making various interactive visualizations for the web for their clients. Click on "Our Clients" and browse through their client list; many of the visualizations done are already live on their website.
- Information is Beautiful - Ideas, issues, knowledge, data – visualized!
Jeffrey Patzer - Feb 12, 2010 07:17:39 pm
Google Chart Tools: interesting new project by google (not buzz) that allows you to make charts and other types of visuals
Bumptop: a novel way to organize your desktop. available for both mac and pc
Pivot (TED Talk)