From Visualization Sp06
Welcome to the CS294-10 Visualization Wiki!
- Final Poster Presentation Results
- 1st place: Transit System Toolkit
- 2nd place: Categorization and Toolkit Support for Uncertainty Visualization
- 2nd place: Visualization of Movement in Multiscale
- We have posted more information about the Final Project poster presentation and the final paper.
- Final Project has been posted. It has several due dates:
- Project proposals due 3/9
- Initial problem presentation
- 3/16: Leslie; Ashley, Jason; Raymond, Yi-Tao, Neil; Bryan; Pushkar
- 3/21: Brien; Nuttapong; Aaron; Matthew; Mehershad
- 3/23: Todd; Ryan; Cynthia; Noaa, Shareena, Katy
- Midpoint design discussions
- 4/13: Bryan; Pushkar; Nuttapong; Aaron; Mehershad
- 4/18: Raymond, Yi-Tao, Neil; Matthew; Noaa, Shareena, Katy; Brien; Todd
- 4/20: Leslie; Ashley, Jason; Ryan; Cynthia
- Added a new Visualization Gallery page. Please add links to any interesting visualizations or related sites you find!
Schedule: Follow links to get the readings and discuss them
- Assignment 1 handed out
- Part 1 of Assignment 3 is due before class
Feb 23: No Class due to BEARS Symposium. Visit the BID open house instead!
- Part 2 of Assignment 3 is due before class
- Final Project handed out
- Final Project proposal due before class
- Part 2 of Assignment 4 due before class
Mar 16: Initial Problem Presentations I
- Leslie; Ashley, Jason; Raymond, Yi-Tao, Neil; Bryan; Pushkar
Mar 21: Initial Problem Presentations II
- Brien; Nuttapong; Aaron; Matthew; Mehershad
Mar 22: Initial Problem Presentations III
- Todd; Ryan; Cynthia; Noaa, Shareena, Katy
Mar 28, 30: Spring Break
Apr 13: Midpoint Design Discussions I
- Bryan; Pushkar; Nuttapong; Aaron; Mehershad
Apr 18: Midpoint Design Discussions II
- Raymond, Yi-Tao, Neil; Matthew; Noaa, Shareena, Katy; Brien; Todd
Apr 20: Midpoint Design Discussions III
- Leslie; Ashley, Jason; Ryan; Cynthia
Apr 25: Molecular Visualization (Guest lecture by Jack Schonbrun)
May 11: Final poster presentations in BID lab. 1-3:30pm
Class participation (10%)
Final Project (50%)
Late Policy: For assignments we will deduct 10% for each day (including weekends) the assignment is late.
Meeting: 310 Soda Hall, Tue-Thu 2:00-3:30 pm
- Maneesh: 615 Soda Hall, Tue: 3:30-4:30pm, Wed: 5-6pm, and by appointment
- Jeff: 354 Hearst Mining Building Tue-Thu 1:00-2:00 pm, and by appointment
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, (2nd Edition). E. Tufte. Graphics Press, 2001.
- Envisioning Information, E. Tufte. Graphics Press, 1990.
Your best bet is to order them online.
Please order soon. Readings will be assigned in the first week of class.
How to use and edit this wiki
New to wikis? Read the Wiki editing guide.
To contribute to this wiki, you'll need to first create an account. You can use the link at the top of the page to do this. Afterwards, please add some descriptive information about yourself on your personal page -- click your login name (next to the person icon) at the top of the page to access your personal page.
To facilitate discussion we have created the [add comment] button that appears at the bottom of each page. Clicking on the button will allow you to add a comments, ideas or question to the current page. The comments will include your user name and the date in the section heading. Try adding a comment to the discussion page for a lecture.