From CS 160 User Interfaces Sp10
If you are interested in learning more about the topics covered in this class you may be interested in the follow books. The best way to obtain these books is either through the library or online. The title links will take you to the Amazon page for the book.
- Designing Interfaces. Jennifer Tidwell. O'Reilly. 2005. Free access through Safari on campus
- Designing Interactions. Bill Moggridge. MIT Press. 2007. Free access through ebrary on campus
- Sketching User Experiences. Bill Buxton. Morgan Kaufmann. 2007.
- Mobile Interaction Design. Matt Jones & Gary Marsden. Wiley. 2006.
- The Design of Everyday Things. Donald Norman. Basic Books. 2002.
- The Humane Interface. Jef Raskin. Addison-Wesley Professional. 2000.
- Universal Principles of Design. Lidwell, Holden, Butler. Rockport. 2003.
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information: Second Edition. Edward R. Tufte. Graphics Press. 2001.
- Envisioning Information. Edward R. Tufte. Graphics Press. 1990.
- Visual Explanations. Edward R. Tufte. Graphics Press. 1997.
- Beautiful Evidence. Edward R. Tufte. Graphics Press. 2006.