From CS 160 User Interfaces Sp10
Where can I go?
- If I put the map on the planner view, the map will not be large enough. Therefore, I separate the planner view and the map. So that the user can see it more clearly.
- Sometimes, visitors just want to check out the station. For this reason, I make a separate station list.
How much will my trip cost?
- Calculate the fare for the user
How do I buy/use a ticket?
- Since normally, it might be confused to Bart machine's first time user. Addressing this need, I create an image of the bart machine to teach visitors how to use the bart machine.
When will the next train leave?
- Instead of hardcoding where the user is at, I decided to the original station as where the user is at. Also, I also displayed the platform the train is coming as first time user might easily go abroad the wrong train.
- I store the users' choice of start station and end station. Just in case, the users exit the app accidentally. They don't want to choose the station again.
- XML Parsing
- Map with scrolling and enlarging features
Application has an icon Home Page so even a first time users can use it 4 different ways to change views (tab bar / navigation / going to a different viewController with a button / going to through table cell) Map can zoom in/out Remembers the stations for the Planner Help Menu is neat
- Machine http://www.sftravel.com/sfo-airport-transit-bart.html
- icon http://www.stokecityfansforum.org.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12