Lecture on Apr 17, 2008
You do not need to leave a comment on these readings this week. However, these two articles have been very influential and are worth a look if you have time.
- As We May Think. The Atlantic Monthly. 1945. Bush.
- The Computer for the 21st Century. Scientific American. 1991. Weiser
These are very interesting papers that give more background on the begining of HCI as a discipline.
- In Memoriam: J.C.R Licklider 1915-1990. Digital Systems Research Center. 1990.
- The Xerox Star: A Retrospective. IEEE Computer. Sep 1989. Johnson et al.
- Sketchpad: A man-machine graphical communication system. University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory. Reprinted 2003. Sutherland.
Gordon Mei - Apr 17, 2008 02:51:58 pm